From: Jo Botting from East Midlands International Trade Association (emita)
Position: Project Coordinator
Phone: 01332 826424
Event Title: Sweden and Denmark – The Innovative and the Easy
Date: 13th February 2013
Time: 17.00 – 19.30
Location: The Village Hotel
Description: Denmark, boasting an ideal strategic location and world class infrastructure, is an innovative, open and robust economy highly dependant on international trade. The UK and Denmark have a strong and friendly trading relationship. Overall trade in both directions is worth approximately £4 billion annually.
Sweden has a long tradition of welcoming high quality products and services combined with very high standards of living. The country is by far the largest market in the Nordic region. It is also the largest recipient of foreign direct investments and imports from the UK.
Both countries offer excellent opportunities, with their business friendly practices, familiar North European cultures and command of English.
Find out how your business can benefit from the prospects these Nordic markets offer by joining us for an evening seminar on Wednesday 13 February. Funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), this event will provide you with:
• The latest market developments and key considerations for doing business in Sweden and Denmark from UKTI’s Nordic Director, Christina Liaos – British Embassy Copenhagen Denmark
• An overview of the business opportunities available in a variety of sectors, including digital/ICT, renewable energy, food and drink and consumer goods
• An understanding of Swedish and Danish business culture including their similarities and differences to assist you to communicate more effectively with your counterparts
• Practical experience from a UK based company who has successfully entered one of these markets
• Plenty of opportunity to network and share ideas with fellow exporters
The event will commence with registration and light refreshments from 5.00 pm, with the presentations beginning at 5.30 pm. The evening will draw to a close at 7.30 pm followed by a networking buffet supper.
Attendance is free of charge for emita members or £50 plus VAT for non members which includes refreshments and a buffet supper. To register, contact the emita team on 01332 826424 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.