Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has announced its biggest ever Winter Sun programme for Winter 19/20 from Birmingham Airport with demand for sunshine during the long British winter fuelling another year of growth for the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist.
With over HALF A MILLION seats on sale to 13 sunshine destinations next winter, this represents a capacity increase of 29% – over 130,000 extra seats when compared with this winter. This biggest ever winter sun programme includes more seats to popular favourites such as the Canary Islands and Mainland Spain
Another driver of this expanded programme is the increasing popularity of destinations that may previously have been viewed as summer sun hotspots, such as Turkey and Cyprus. With more holidaymakers looking to enjoy the Turkish sunshine during Winter, the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist has expanded its Antalya programme by almost 50%, with over 20,000 seats on sale.
The company’s Cyprus programme has also expanded significantly next winter, with over 30,000 seats on sale to Paphos and Larnaca, representing capacity growth of almost 50%.
Key highlights on the company’s Winter Sun programme for 19/20 from Birmingham Airport include:
- Winter Turkish Delight! Over 20,000 seats on sale to Antalya means a capacity increase of almost 50% – driven by extra services and longer season. Up to three weekly services departing to the Turkish sunshine next winter
- Cyp-rush: Longer season and to three weekly services to Paphos, as well as first winter services to Larnaca with up to two flights per week
- Canary Islands: Over 220,000 seats on sale to Tenerife, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura, with up to 24 weekly services departing to the four islands
- Mainland Spain: Over 130,000 seats on sale, with 25% more seats to Malaga and up two eight services per week to Alicante
- Faro (Algarve): Almost 50,000 seats on sale to the Algarve – a capacity increase of 40% – with up to six weekly services
- Majorca: 30% capacity increase, meaning over 30,000 seats and up to three weekly services
This programme means that the company is offering its biggest ever winter sun range from Birmingham Airport, and with everything wrapped up in one package, holidaymakers have access to great value ATOL protected package breaks across thousands of 2-5 star hotels, with Jet2.com flights, industry leading 22kg baggage allowance and airport transfers included, through a £60 per person deposit.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “This is our biggest and most exciting Winter Sun programme ever, giving customers from Birmingham Airport even more choice and flexibility when it comes to escaping the long British winter. As ever, we have designed our programme in direct response to demand from holidaymakers, so as well as continuing to offer more flights and holidays to popular winter hotspots such as the Canaries, Balearics, Portugal and Spain, we are delighted to be expanding our Winter offering to Turkey and Cyprus. We are not done yet, with even more exciting announcements about our Winter 19/20 programme coming soon!”