Following months of independent research and client interviews, The Legal 500 ranks firms across the UK according to their quality and expertise. Based in Brindleyplace, the Birmingham-based law firm has been ranked in eight practice areas. In particular:
- The Immigration team has received the highest ranking – Tier 1 – with Partner Tom Brett Young, who leads the team, being recognised for “his encyclopaedic knowledge, pragmatism and genuine desire to get the best possible outcome for clients.”
- The Charities team has maintained its top tier position for another year. Recently promoted Partner Frances Anderson is highly rated for her work with arts, charities and universities.
- Referred to as “ a field of experts you can rely on”, the Personal Tax, Trusts & Probate team has been ranked for the first time. The team has been going from strength to strength after consultants Peter Heath and Jayne Udall, and Partner Nigel Mears joined us this year.
- Shivaji Shiva and Dee Kundi are recognised as ‘leading individuals’ for charity law and debt recovery. This means that they are each regarded amongst the top three experts in their respective fields in the West Midlands, Dee having already been named last year as a ‘Leading Individual’.
- Employment specialist Kathy Halliday remains in the Legal 500’s ‘Hall of Fame’, which highlights individuals who receive constant praise by clients for continued excellence in their field.
Managing Partner Simon Heald commented: “I’m incredibly proud that our dedication to achieve excellent service provision and client focus have been recognised. Our commitment to providing the best legal services has been demonstrated in the improvement of our rankings in the West Midlands. I extend my congratulations to all the teams involved.”