Advertisement

June passenger figures revealed by Birmingham International Airport

During June, Birmingham International Airport handled 898,608 travellers through its two terminals, including 645,759 scheduled passengers and 252,849 charter passengers.

Paul Kehoe, Birmingham Airport’s Chief Executive Officer, explains: “June’s figures, which represent a 4.1% fall, again underline the tough conditions we find ourselves operating under. Despite moving into what is peak season we continue to see traffic down on the same period last year, in line with the vast majority of airports, not just in the UK but around Europe.

“However, despite these tough times the Airport continues to discuss a range of opportunities with prospective partners as Birmingham clearly remains an Airport with a reputation for offering choice and value for money for local business and leisure travellers.”

During June significant growth was achieved on scheduled flights to destinations such as Reus (+181.2%), Torp (+161.9%), Poitiers (+129.4%), Newquay (+125.8%), Arrecife (+116.1%), Rzeszow (+111.3%), Billund (+104.8%), Larnaca (+92.1%), Krakow (+74.5%), Prague (+36.6%), Tenerife (+34.3%), Ibiza (+27.6%), Alicante (+26.9%), Malaga (+25.9%), Hanover (+22.1%), Palma (+20.5%) and Mahon (+19.3%), Dubai (+16.7%), Inverness (+8.7%) and Zurich (+7.8%).

Charter traffic which experienced growth included Egypt (+47.9%), Turkey (+22.4%), Croatia (+18.5%) and Malta (+12.6%).

Scheduled traffic accounted for 71.9% of the total passenger traffic in June whilst charter passengers made up the remaining 28.1%.

 

Read more news stories in
Business Articles