Innes England has been appointed to handle acquisition work by national food retailer Heron Foods Limited.
The Nottingham property consultant has been appointed to search for new food stores throughout the East Midlands, Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.
The appointment is part of a national strategy by Heron to open a further 30 stores over the next 12 months.
Heron Foods has successfully developed its business in retailing frozen and convenience store goods at a discount, the majority of which are household brands. It is a family owned business based in Hull and employs over 1,700 people across the UK.
It currently trades from over 175 stores, predominantly in the North & Midlands.
In 2009, 30 years after the company was first established, the business took the decision to move to a new 270,000 sq ft purpose-built distribution facility in East Yorkshire, which has the capacity to service some 400 stores; well beyond the current number.
Estates Director at Heron Foods Jonathan Laverack, said: “We were very pleased to appoint Innes England for this work after being impressed with the way in which they handled previous property work.
“Given the current pressures on household incomes, shoppers are constantly looking for ways they can spend less on their weekly food bill and our successful business model reflects that priority”.
Innes England will take on the full programme of acquisition work to deliver the retailer’s strategic targets for growth over the next 12 months. Prior to the appointment, the property agent had already let a unit to Heron at Kimberley Shopping Centre and identified an off-market opportunity in Nottingham, which is currently being developed.
Ben Taylor, associate director of Innes England’s Nottingham office where the majority of the work will be handled, said: “We are proud to be associated with such a strong brand as Heron and delighted to have been instructed on this work.
“Our efforts are well underway to identify suitable sites. We are looking for city centre locations, busy main arterial routes and former pubs from 3,000 to 5,000 sq ft, either freehold or leasehold, in all towns across the Midlands.
“Heron Foods provides an excellent covenant to a landlord and its standard store fit is of high standard which is bound to increase the investment value of the stores it occupies on a leasehold basis.”
Heron Foods was ranked 13th by turnover in The Grocer magazine’s 2010 survey of the top 50 independent grocery retailers based on turnover in the year to December 2008.
This article was posted by Innes England.
Other articles by this contributor are:
- Forever Mobility scoots into Viking House
- Innes England collects Co-operative contract
- Innes England secures double industrial investment
- Expansion for AC Engineering
- Nottingham café owner is full of beans thanks to Innes England
- Better offices for Better languages
- Innes England secures sale ahead of new supermarket
- Innes England expands building consultancy team
- Knocked for six! Innes England named top regional agent
- Expansion plans unwrapped for packaging company
- Full house at Abbey Trade Park
- Derby deal secured with infrastructure giant
- Furniture company gets comfy at interchange
- Letting agent expands in Alvaston
- 100% occupancy secured on Newark business park
- Innes England goes back to school
- University building sold to developers
- Derby property expert lands new instruction
- Indoor skate park flies into Nottingham
- Flurry of lettings driving demand at Derby Trading Estate
- It’s all wrapped up as packaging firm let in Osmaston Industrial Estate
- Innes England strengthens its Derby team
- Innes England moves school into new premises
- Precision recruitment makes move to Meridian
- Innes England brings beauty to Carlton
- Hat trick of deals at i2 Mansfield
- Innes England secures largest office letting in Derby
- Innes England scoops Agent of the Year Award
- Innes England shortlisted for national property award
- More success for ng2
- Innes England makes significant Nottingham letting
- Consumer research company expands at Southglade Business Park
- Innes England wins Co-operative contract
- Speaking the language of letting
- Innes England delivers healthy result for Arriva Transport Solutions Limited
- Innes England acquires for expanding engineering company
- Fitting new premises for Designer Carpets
- Oakham Business Park welcomes new addition
- Innes England boosts occupancy at Meridian Court East
- Global supply chain company finds new head quarters
- Shopping centre instruction for Innes England
- APC success at Innes England
- Building up business in Derby
- Innes England named property adviser of the year as it celebrates at hat trick of awards
- Health food company puts down ‘routes’ in Leicester
- Retail specialist joins Innes England
- Growing Leicester businesses move to Interchange
- Expanding businesses chose Abbey Trade Park
- Highbridge welcome WYG to ‘Geneva’
- Nine partner organisations take Team Nottingham to MIPIM
- Demolition company crashes in to new unit due to expansion
- Nottingham makes progress despite ups and downs
- Window firm’s expansion is pane-less
- Innes England seals Derby Trading Estate trio
- Innes England deal comes up smelling of roses
- Innes England is Agent of the Year
- The Point becomes UK base for IT solutions provider
- Café brings back traditional look to Sadler Gate
- Innes England in retail deal Thai up
- Innes England secures Imperial House investment
- Arty tenant for Hamilton House
- Innes England appoints leading local surveyor as director
- Derby’s largest office scheme comes to the market
- Innes England delivers DHL to Highbridge development
- Award within reach of Innes England
- Innes England secures Thrifty deal
- Developer offers £10,000 holiday as incentive for finding an occupier
- Innes England become business benefactors
- Investors breath life into central Nottingham office scheme
- Innes England makes it a hat trick for Jelson
- Eight partner organisations take Team Nottingham to MIPM
- Tim is shortlisted for ‘Blog Gong’
- Lease renewals see industrial estate retain high occupancy
- Innes England ‘works out’ gym letting
- Innes England retained to manage Bunny Trading Estate
- Innes England secures St John Ambulance site sale
- Innes England examines sustainable matters
- ‘Team Nottingham’ will go to Mipim
- Scotts Distribution gets The Point