Independent sales and lettings estate agents, Penny & Sinclair are strengthening their senior team with the appointment of Oliver Hope, who joins as a shareholding Director of the company alongside existing Directors, James Penny and Wendy Sinclair and Associate Director Jeremy Turner.
With over 20 years estate agency experience in Oxford and an established working relationship with James Penny, Oliver brings with him an unparalleled understanding of the Oxford market as he takes up his position in firm’s city office.
Oliver’s appointment marks another exciting step in Penny & Sinclair’s expansion. He joins Penny & Sinclair from Oliver James and has a strong and proven track record in sales and lettings.
Commenting on his appointment, Oliver says: “I am delighted to be joining Penny & Sinclair at an exciting time and important period of development for the business. I am very much looking forward to playing an instrumental role in further extending our presence in the Oxfordshire market and adding to the success which the city office has already achieved.”
Penny & Sinclair has grown substantially since arriving on the Oxford property scene in 2009. This is validated by the firm selling over £44 million worth of property just last year despite a precarious property market and a faltering global economy. Since the opening of the city office on 6th February, the team has achieved on average 98% of asking price for properties sold, well ahead of the county average of 90%.
They have since taken on another £7.25 million to sell and on the lettings and short lets side, they manage over 260 of properties equating to a value of £3.5 million. In terms of the split of the profile about 60% of the business is sales focussed with the remaining 40% lettings.
James Penny comments: “We are delighted that Oliver has decided to join Penny & Sinclair. I have known Oliver for many years and believe that his unrivalled experience, particularly in East Oxford and surrounding area will strengthen our offering and lead to continued growth and market share.”
Wendy Sinclair comments: “Oliver is an important and valuable asset to the Penny & Sinclair senior management team. He has a fresh perspective on helping to take Penny & Sinclair to the next level and will undoubtedly play a vital role in our future success.”
2012 has already been a very busy year for Penny & Sinclair as not only have they opened a new office and expanded their team but they are about to launch a new website along with enhanced social media platforms. The company continues to increase market share whilst offering a truly personal service to its clients.